Myer Christmas Giftorium
On Friday, I was lucky enough to be invited to the launch of the Myer Christmas Giftorium. (Thank you, Kids Business. Mwah Mwah!) Oh my. I’m telling you, you have to visit. It’s super cute and a whole lot of fun.
Myer, my favourite Department Store, is always on my to-do list at Christmas. In fact, visiting Brisbane CBD (or when I can, my favourite city and original home town of Sydney) to view the Christmas windows, and pop in-store to say hi to Santa is one of my must-do’s. Christmas would NOT be Christmas without THIS experience, every single year since I can remember. (The last few years, we’ve made sure to go on a day when the Brisbane City Pantomine/Parade has been happening. That makes it a HUGE Christmassy-feeling day. My favourite time of the year!)
But this year, Myer has come up with something that will make EVERYONE want to visit. It’s called the #Giftorium, a whole floor of hand-picked and curated gifts for Mama, Dad, the children, grandparents, friends and workmates. There is something for everyone in one of the 12 themed areas! Here they are…
- Fashionista (fashion fans will love this)
- Globe Trotter (goods for those who love to get out and about- MY FAVOURITE)
- Dapper Dads
- Miracle Mum
- Glamour Gran
- Trendy young things (for teens and young adults)
- Kids cubby (toys and children’s gifts)
- Food fanatic
- Stocking Fillers (all kinds of weird and wonderful – MY OTHER FAVOURITE!)
- Hop, Skip, Juice (for health and fitness fans)
- Paws Corner (for your pets)
- Techno freaks (gadget lovers)
I kind of got stuck in the Stocking Fillers bit. There was just so much cuteness and cleverness there, and I could have spent all day browsing through things I didn’t know I needed! There’s a whole bunch of stuff – cute mugs, Paris-themed toast stamps, a moveable truck holder for my iPhone… now on my wish list. (For anyone out there who feels so inclined… wink wink!)
But it’s NOT just about the shopping or the ease of shopping that I’m loving. It’s that Myer has actually invested in creating a wonderful Christmas experience once again for us all. I’m really, really, happy and grateful for that, you know. Christmas shopping the past few years has kind of lost a bit of magic, and with the Global Financial Crisis, there wasn’t so much money to splash around, but I’ve really MISSED it. I missed the joy, the colour, the frivolity, the Christmassy ‘feel’ you get… I have no doubt that Myer’s new Giftorium concept will bring that back for me, and for you too. (I’m truly, truly excited to head up again soon. Did I mention that I LOVE Christmas?)
So a little bit more about this Myer Christmas experience.
MY TOP 10 REASONS TO VISIT MYER THIS CHRISTMAS.
- From November 8th, on weekends and selected dates, Myer will host a National Events and Theatre Program in ALL stores! There will be children’s face painting, balloon artists, musical performances, dancing, Christmas tree and table styling demos, appearances from children’s characters, and lovely Christmas book readings too. There will be over 5000 hours of events activity in total. 5000 hours! Amazing.
- YOU can join in the launch day fun on 8th November too. It’s the unveiling of the Christmas Windows (Jennifer Hawkins will unveil the windows in Melbourne) and Australian stars will be shining brightly across the country- Guy Sebastian will be singing up a Christmas storm in Sydney, Harrison Craig in Melbourne, and there will be other equally great star performances in Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide.
- Santa will be arriving too! Don’t delay though, as over 120,000 people will visit Santa during his stay this year. (Wow. I’m heading up early November!) But how’s this? You can even BOOK your Santa visit time ON-LINE!
- Instagram your pics from your Giftorium visit with the hashtag #giftorium and your image might just flash up on the huge digital screen in Sydney.
- Every Giftorium has a Giftician who can help you with personal shopping, and a Productician, who will showcase the ins and outs of the products you most want to see or try.
- There’s even leather embossing on site! Simply pick a leather gift and have it personalised. And ‘Treat Street’ roving treat assistants to serve you enticing sweet food tasters. Yum.
- And if you LOVE personalisation, then do stop by the Vista Print counter, where you can print your favourite pictures and phrases onto tshirts, iPhone covers, baseball caps, mugs and more. Share that Christmas snap around!
- Same Day Elf Delivery Service. If you work in the CBD or live within 2km radius of the Myer Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane or Perth stores, you can have your gifts delivered by a team of cute little elves. Worth booking a stay in the city I think to see a bunch of elves bringing gifts to your door!
- Support the Salvation Army by buying a Christmas Bear. Christmas is a time to give back, and support those less fortunate, and these little bears are just divine. I’ve popped mine in the Santa box for Jack. Can’t wait to see his face when he opens it.
- And lastly, for those in Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane, check out the Mr Men and Little Miss pop-up where you can purchase a customised print or framed poster with your choice of character and your name. These make fab gifts for those ‘Mr Men’ and ‘Little Miss’ lovers! Look at mine below… so awesome. With thanks to “Art You Grew Up With”
So, will you go?
PS: What is your favourite thing to do at Christmas time?