- 400-450 grams of each of these pulses;
- lentils, red kidney beans, butter beans (either soaked or from a can)
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 125 gram can of corn kernels
- 6 diced tomatoes
- two tablespoons tamari soy sauce
- one tablespoon fresh or dried parsley and oregano flakes
- 4 mexican tortillas (I use wraps that are sun-dried tomato enhanced)
- 4 cups grated cheese
Firstly, use your fry pan to make the bean mix. Saute the onion. Add all pulses, tomatoes, parsley and oregano, olive oil, corn and soy sauce and simmer on medium until the mixture thickens and all juices have evaporated.
On a large baking tray, place one tortilla wrap.
Separate your bean mix into three servings.
Place the first serving onto the base tortilla. Top with 3/4 cup of cheese.
Use a large spoon to press the stack down.
Repeat this process twice more.
Lay the final tortilla on the top. Place the remaining cheese on top and place the whole thing into the oven on 150 degrees C for about 15-20 minutes.
This would be wonderful for a healthy vego dinner treat. Add a salad and you are set to go.
It really is delicious!!!!!