A while ago, I came across this amazing original recipe from The Prudent Pantry for Peanut Butter Cashew Kisses. Don’t they sound exquisite??
Here is my adapted recipe which will make about 40 balls.
- 1 jar of honey (500 gram approx)
- 1 jar of peanut butter (500 gram approx)
- 1 cup of cashews (ground into crumbs using a thermomix or food processor)
- 2 cups steel cut oats (ground into crumbs using a thermomix or food processor) *nb: set 1/2 cup of oat crumbs aside
- 1 cup of dessicated coconut
Here is what you do.
Combine the honey, peanut butter, cashew crumbs and oat crumbs in a big mixing bowl.
If the mix is too sticky, add more oat crumbs from the extra bowl.
Lay a sheet of baking paper into a deep sided dish.
Divide the coconut into three bowls.
Wash your hands well. Children can help in this bit. Be sure to wash their hands very well too.
Use a spoon to scoop out a tablespoon of mixture into your hands, or child’s.
Demonstrate how to roll the mixture round on your palm into a ball shape.
Then drop it gently into coconut bowl and swirl around to coat ball generously.
When each ball is covered in coconut, place it in the dish.
Refrigerate the lot for 20 minutes.
Bet you can’t resist for long!!
We polished them off in minutes!