Make Your Own Hair Clips for the Christmas and Festive Season!
Ho Ho Ho!
I love handmade hair clips and this one is pretty sweet for the festive season. Want to make one for your little girls or for Secret Santa presents? Here’s how…
How to make your own hair clips
1. Draw around a hair clip on a sheet of paper, adding about 3mm on all sides. Cut two of these shapes from green felt.
2. On one of these pieces of felt, fold it in half lengthways and snip a little slit about 1cm from the wider end. This is for the clip opening to slide through.
3. Slip the hair clip through like so.
4. On the other piece, arrange your festive themed pieces. I cut three holly leaves, and four holly berries from felt. (NB: I later added a fourth holly leaf and more berries as I liked the look of it better.)
5. Use matching thread to stitch your pieces in place using straight stitch.
6. Attach the berries with a simple + stitch
7. When all the elements are in place, put the top piece over the bottom piece and blanket stitch around the edge to close the felt around the hair clip.