In the same way we made the paper carry bag yesterday to carry little treasures, this origami craft can also be used as a quick and easy dish to hold snacks such as popcorn, crackers, or fruit like grapes, strawberries or blueberries. Don’t have a plate? Whip one of these up in a second using whatever paper you have handy. Never be stuck again.
1. Begin with a piece of paper 15 cm square. Fold in half on the diagonal.
1. Fold the right side over the left, keeping the top line of the fold horizontal.
2. Fold the top tip down over the horizontal lip. Flip the paper over.
3. Repeat step 1.
4. Repeat step 2.
5. Your paper snack cup is ready!
6. Fill with your choice of snacks and pass around.
I made these handy cups in a rainbow of colours for his friends to use to collect tokens in a game at Ned’s 4th birthday party too. Each child was given a different colour so no confusion or tears could be had- a wonderful trick that worked perfectly.