”Meraki” – Gold Coast Family Day Care
”Meraki” – (May-Rah-Kee) describes ‘doing something with soul, creativity, or love – when you put “something of yourself” into what you are doing, whatever it may be.
Educator Victoria Edmond operates ‘Meraki Family Day Care’ from her home in Lower Beechmont. (8 minutes drive from Nerang) It’s a nature-based program for children 0 – 5 years old.
Victoria is a gregarious woman, with a huge love of children, gardening, cooking and community. She is a talented singer and cook, with a particular love of making food with love for those in her circles. Victoria grew up on the Gold Coast on this mountain, and has a sincere love for the people and the place. Her home is testament to this love, with flourishing food garden beds, and fruit trees all round.
Children’s Play Room
Colourful and inviting, the stylish and aesthetically pleasing designated play space in Victoria’s house gives children lots of opportunity to play creatively with loose parts play. Victoria has a designated home corner with doll play. There’s dress ups, block and building play, car play, puzzles and games, and lots of props to recreate stories and for puppet shows. She has a book nook too.
Victoria’s outdoor space includes a sandpit, bikes and trikes to ride, an undercover verandah to ensure children spend some time outside every day, and vegetable gardens. Victoria and the children also take regular walks to the delightful and quaint park space at the top of the road, a green grassy haven where children can run and play freely, away from the cars and in the fresh air. The children and Victoria revel in their visits here – it’s a highlight of their days!
Daily and Weekly Rhythms, and Mealtimes
As a team member of our Rainbow Bridge Family Day Care Scheme Gold Coast, Victoria takes inspiration from Steiner early childhood education and aims to provide a BIG HEARTED program full of love and care for her charges. Her program and curriculum is held by a daily and weekly rhythm within a seasonal term. Victoria’s weekly rhythm includes cooking experiences, painting and artistic experiences, craft, and gardening. Her daily curriculum includes songs and oral stories, lively games, and circle times where children develop their fine and gross motor capabilities.
Victoria tells stories using simple handmade props. Children LOVE to listen to these stories and then ‘play out’ the stories during their own play time, and use loose parts to expand their language capabilities too. Children rest (or sleep) for a short period daily.
Victoria provides a dedicated art and craft program for the children. She combines a variety of small daily projects with a longer ‘term’ project too. All her projects and activities utilise quality materials such as beeswax crayons, lyra pencils, plant-based stockmar watercolour paints, and cotton, felt and wool materials. The children LOVE to make things and are so proud of their creations.
Victoria also hosts seasonal festivals for families once a term, and you and your family are invited to come along to see a showcase of what the children have been doing, learning, and singing, while sharing a meal together.
Victoria has the dual role of being the first Rainbow Bridge Family Day Care Field Coordinator, and on Mondays and Fridays, spends time visiting the other educators and children in our scheme.
Details for Meraki Gold Coast Family Day Care
- Opening hours. Tuesday to Thursday, 7am to 5pm.
- Enrolling children from Babies to School Age.
- Fees $11.00 per child per hour.
- CCB and CCR approved.
- A maximum of four children under school age each day.
Vacancies will fill quickly, so call to arrange your interview today on 0488 369139.
Or click the blue link for our online enrolment form for QLD to start the ENROLMENT process of your child at Rainbow Bridge Family Day Care now. (You will be redirected to our Hubworks page.)
Disclaimer – Hubdebit Fee Facility:
- Rainbow Bridge Family Day Care Pty Ltd is not responsible for any fees or charges incurred should your account not have enough funds to cover the direct debit amount required.
- AFTER enrolment: Once you have a successful placement with an educator, and your child starting family day care, childcare fees will be invoiced to you.
- These outstanding fees (your out of pocket expenses after CCB and CCR benefits have been applied) are deducted automatically through Hubdebit once a fortnight on a Friday. It is vital that parents ensure there enough funds in the account from this day to cover your childcare fees. Please note, the actual day that fees will deducted from your account will depend on your bank. Please allow up to three working days for this to occur. (Eg sufficient funds to cover your out-of-pocket childcare fees must remain in the account from Friday until Wednesday the following week to ensure Hubdebit and your bank can process them.)
- Should sufficient funds not be available in time, a $40 administration fee, plus the hub debit processing default fee of approximately $3 will be automatically added to your account to cover our account managers time in following this up to ensure your educator is paid on time.
- Please note, should a direct debit request be denied, it is the parent or carer’s responsibility to ensure that payment is made within 7 days or care may need to be suspended.
- Please contact the office should you have difficulty in paying your account to discuss the set up of a payment plan.
- If you have any questions about Hubdebit, please contact the office on 0488 369139.