Crafty Mushrooms with Marta Koncz
with Rainbow Bridge Family Day Care Scheme Gold Coast
Meet one of our Family Day Care Scheme Gold Coast educators, Marta Koncz.
Marta is a gorgeous woman, with a smile for everyone and much loved by all. She is a talented artist, with a particular love of fibre arts including felting. She is heavily involved with the Silkwood School craft group as her son attends this school, and has hosted a number of workshops to inspire other women to ‘fire up their creative spark!”. She is also involved with the Gold Coast Hungarian Society and helps to faciliate workshops and Hungarian School events. Marta has always wanted to be a teacher of little children and is delightfully happy to finally be doing the work she loves. (FYI, Marta is also our capable Accounts Manager and a Co-Director of RBFDC. She’s multi-talented!)
Marta has lived on the Gold Coast for many years, and recently moved into a home in Nerang (near Silkwood School) with the view to opening her own family day care service. Marta and her husband Zoli have transformed this house into the perfect family day care space by creatively painting the entire interior and exterior, extending the outdoor area and tiling the verandah, building an enormous roof structure to shade and protect the outside entertainment area, making an entry pathway to family day care, and establishing all the new fruit and vegetable gardens and wall planters.
Children’s Play Room
In this beautiful Gold Coast climate that we live in, it makes sense to take advantage of fresh air and sunshine all throughout the year. Marta’s family day care set up encourages that, with her main space as an indoor/outdoor structure that protects children from the rain and heat, but allows cool breezes to float through.
Colourful and bright, Marta’s play space offers children lots of opportunity to play creatively in all kinds of scenarios – home corner, doll play, dress up play, block and building play, and puzzles and games. She has a book nook where children may rest while they enjoy delightful picture books.
Daily and Weekly Rhythms
As a team member of our Rainbow Bridge Family Day Care Scheme Gold Coast, Marta runs a Steiner-inspired program. Her program and curriculum is held by a daily and weekly rhythm within a seasonal term. Children are supported and nurtured to develop and grow in a program that gently helps them to become self-regulating through the use of regular touchstones. Marta’s weekly rhythm includes cooking experiences, painting and artistic experiences, craft, and gardening. Her daily curriculum includes heartfelt songs, lively games, and movement circle times where children are supported to move and develop their fine and gross motor capabilities.
Storytelling and rest room
Marta loves to tell oral stories using simple handmade props. Children LOVE to listen to these stories and then ‘play out’ the stories during their own play time. (This is helping to grow the vital skill of imagination and the ability to self direct their own play, something that is being lost in our technology-loving world.) Children rest (or sleep) for a short period daily.
Care-taking – that little bit of extra effort!
One of the key characteristics of a Rainbow Bridge Family Day Care Scheme Gold Coast educator is that they are encouraged, supported and guided to provide that extra touch of caretaking to your children. In Marta’s case, her personally labelled toothbrushes, dedicated spaces for bags and shoes, meal time nourishment, organisation, and craft abilities are visual representations of the work she puts into her service. Children feel safe, and cared for when they see these extra touches. It’s these little things that prove her dedication to the job of educating and caring for young children.
Marta is a green thumb who loves to show the children how easy it is to grow their own food. Recently they grew corn from seed, then harvested that corn, dried it and then collected the dry corn kernels to plant in spring – it’s a living breathing picture of the seasonal cycle of food production right there. The children have already been eating the fruits of their labours too, as well as sharing those baby cherry tomatoes with their families.
Outdoor time also includes play time in the shaded sandpit, swings, climbing gym, trampoline time, and games on the grass.
The children in Marta’s groups return home happy after a day’s activity and “work”, that’s for sure.
Details for Crafty Mushrooms Family Day Care
- Opening hours. Tuesday-Friday, 8am to 5pm.
- Enrolling children from Babies to School Age.
- Fees $12.50 per child per hour.
- CCB and CCR approved.
- A maximum of four children under school age each day.
Vacancies will fill quickly, so call to arrange your interview today on 0488 369139.
Or click the blue link for our online enrolment form for QLD to start the ENROLMENT process of your child at Rainbow Bridge Family Day Care now. (You will be redirected to our Hubworks page.)
Disclaimer – Hubdebit Fee Facility:
- Rainbow Bridge Family Day Care Pty Ltd is not responsible for any fees or charges incurred should your account not have enough funds to cover the direct debit amount required.
- AFTER enrolment: Once you have a successful placement with an educator, and your child starting family day care, childcare fees will be invoiced to you.
- These outstanding fees (your out of pocket expenses after CCB and CCR benefits have been applied) are deducted automatically through Hubdebit once a fortnight on a Friday. It is vital that parents ensure there enough funds in the account from this day to cover your childcare fees. Please note, the actual day that fees will deducted from your account will depend on your bank. Please allow up to three working days for this to occur. (Eg sufficient funds to cover your out-of-pocket childcare fees must remain in the account from Friday until Wednesday the following week to ensure Hubdebit and your bank can process them.)
- Should sufficient funds not be available in time, a $40 administration fee, plus the hub debit processing default fee of approximately $3 will be automatically added to your account to cover our account managers time in following this up to ensure your educator is paid on time.
- Please note, should a direct debit request be denied, it is the parent or carer’s responsibility to ensure that payment is made within 7 days or care may need to be suspended.
- Please contact the office should you have difficulty in paying your account to discuss the set up of a payment plan.
- If you have any questions about Hubdebit, please contact the office on 0488 369139.